I wish you a long and happy stay. I wish you would visit here more often. I wish you would visit here every day and read all of the posts I've ever made. Or maybe just try to get an RSS feed of this blog. Is that possible? I don't know.. try it.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Not disappointed by Disappointed by Candy

Yesterday I went to the CD release party of a local band called Disappointed by Candy. They're a trio that has powerful, fluid dance beats with great staccato, a melodic, thumping bass, and an extremely talented frontman. His name is Gabe. I know him a little bit.. seen him around the village.. used to be in a boardgame club together. Jeremy, the drummer, is a regular in the UPS Store so I also kind of know him. I've never met the bass player. Anyway, Gabe and Jeremy are also a part of a band called Jars of Clay. Gabe fills in on bass, and Jeremy on drums (not permanently). Anyway, Disappointed by Candy's music is most definitely preferred to their sister group. However, Jars of Clay surprisingly produced the group's debut album which I got a copy of after paying my cover at the door. Having heard the whole album I've noticed that every song is solid. Each has a great melody that keeps you interested enough to leave it on all day at work or never skip a track when you leave it in your car. For a first listen, it's definitely the best first-listen I've experienced from a dance-rock-pop group. The best part about their music is that the lyrics aren't retarded. In fact, they are quite the contrary.

1 comment:

Owen H. said...

dear daniel...

I can't believe you started blogging again. I had no idea. Its encouraging to read your writing. keep up the interesting life.

love,

owen