I wish you a long and happy stay. I wish you would visit here more often. I wish you would visit here every day and read all of the posts I've ever made. Or maybe just try to get an RSS feed of this blog. Is that possible? I don't know.. try it.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good riddance, F-book.

Indeed.

I deactivated my account on the social networking site known as Facebook. For many of us on the internet, Facebook is a perennial companion. For many of us who are always on the internet because we have iPhones, Facebook can become like a maddening itch that must be scratched every 2 minutes. And we scratch it. With reluctance.

At least I was always reluctant about it. Hating that I knew more about people that I haven't seen in 3 years than my friends that I see every day, just because I had immediate access to it. I feel much more free to get on with my own life and stop worrying about what other people are doing and if I'll ever get to see them again.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think it's good to stay in touch, but I don't think that always means that you should. So for those of you who read this blog and miss me on Facebook, you probably have my phone number or you can just email me: johndanielgibson@gmail.com

I think this also means I will be blogging more often rather than just changing my name on Facebook to "J. Walter Weatherman" or editing my Facebook profile for my own amusement. I have just uncovered an interesting truth about bloggers: regularly bored.

--
Danielmaniel

No comments: